Newport Pagnell Town Council are holding its very first ‘Newport Pagnell Shopping Event’ on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th September 2021. This event is aimed at assisting our local retailers to recover, following long periods of lockdown for Covid-19. In this respect the Town Council have been aided by Government Funding applied for by Milton Keynes Council.
Newport Pagnell Town Council have been approached by several members of the public concerned about the formal notice placed in last week’s Milton Keynes Citizen regarding the “disposal” of Bury Common by Milton Keynes Council.
Newport Pagnell welcomes a new restaurant to the High Street as Craft and Skewers officially opened their doors.
Billed as an Indian restaurant set within the aura of a pub, Craft and Skewers will offer unique Indian dishes, cocktails and craft beers whilst also showcasing live sports.
Thames Valley Police and the Army’s Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) were called to make safe an incident at Newport Pagnell.
Public notice for temporary road closure of Wolverton Road which will take place between 21:00 and 06:00 every night between 2nd November and 30th November.
The order will be to temporarily prohibit vehicles and pedestrians from entering, waiting or proceeding along Wolverton Road, Newport Pagnell (At the M1 Bridge) in order to enable Highways England to carry out the following essential works as part of the ‘M1 T3 Smart Motorway’ project.
- Installation of temporary protection above the road.
- Installation of environmental barrier panels to the bridge parapets.
- Removal of the temporary protection above the road and in the interest of public safety.
The road will be re-opened to the pubic during the hours of 6:00 and 21:00 each day.
Motorists: The alternative route will be via Brickhill Street (V10), Monks Way (H3) and Marsh End Road (Vice Versa).
Pedestrians: The alternative route for Pedestrians will be via Redway 02, Blakelands and Redway 01.
Developer McCarthy & Stone have put forward plans to build a new Retirement Home located on Northampton Road, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire MK16 8JU.
From the 3rd to 31st August, You can get a 50% discount when you eat in at restaurants that are registered with the Government’s Eat Out to Help Out Scheme.
Newport Pagnell Library will reopen on Tuesday 4 August 2020. Opening hours will be:
- Tuesday – Friday: 10:00 – 16:00
- Saturday: 10:00 – 12:00
They will provide a basic book lending service where customers can borrow and return books but not remain inside the building. Customers will also be able to reserve books online before they visit, to reduce the amount of time spent in the building.This is a trial to see how things go.
Cllr Jane Carr Newport Pagnell South via Facebook
Newport Pagnell Town Council have announced that play areas will be re-opening from 4th July 2020. Additional precautions have had to take place due Covid-19 which are:
- Please wash your hands after visiting the play area and bring sanitiser with you to use regularly while at the playground.
- Please give each other room and keep socially distanced from others. If there are more children in the play area than there are pieces of equipment, please go home and return later. No one over the age of 7 in any fenced play area.
- We recommend the use of face masks when using play areas.
- Please keep socially distanced when using benches.
- To ensure everyone gets a turn please restrict your use of the play area to no more than 45 minutes.
- Please dispose of any rubbish sensibly.
The Town Council has spray washed all playgrounds during the shut down period, but obviously cannot guarantee that there will be no risk of Covid-19 at any time. Please take these precautionary measures.
Under plans to ease the Coronavirus Lockdown Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced that from the 4th July 2020 pubs will be allowed to reopen.
We’ve therefore put together this handy guide on which Pubs and Bars are reopening this weekend within the Town.