The Electra Cinema
The Electric Theatre was opened on 12th December 1912. The front of the building was originally built as a Georgian doctor’s house, with the auditorium built in the garden at the rear. Seating was provided in stalls and a small balcony which was supported by pillars. It was equipped with a British Acoustic (BA) sound system in the early 1930’s and was re-named The Electra Cinema around 1936.
The Cinema was closed in 1988, and was converted into a shopping arcade known as Tickford Arcade. In recent years, the auditorium section has been partially demolished, but the arcade is still in use in the rest of the building.
Find out more about The Electra Cinema by visiting the MK Heritage site.