Developer McCarthy & Stone have put forward plans to build a new Retirement Home located on Northampton Road, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire MK16 8JU.
The former petrol station site has been left abandoned in recent years after numerous failed attempts to redevelop the site including a proposed Vintage Garage with a 1950 and ’60s theme had failed.
McCarthy & Stone’s initial plans propose to redevelop the site with a three story apartments block for retirement living including landscaped gardens and on-site car parking. Other key aspects of the development include:
- A high-quality building featuring 34 Retirement Living apartments (17 one-bedroom and 17 two-bedroom) for private sale or rent
- 32 car parking spaces
- Communal facilities including a shared lounge, a hotel-style guest suite for visitors, gardens, and landscaping
- Lift access throughout
- Internal mobility scooter storage (with charging points) and refuse store
- A House Manager’s office
- Immediate access to local amenities and services within walking distance
- Attractive high-quality landscaping and boundary treatments across the site
- Release of family-sized housing in the area back onto the local market
McCarthy & Stone, who are a leading developer and manager of retirement communities, are interested in the site, however an official planning application has not yet been submitted to Milton Keynes Council. McCarthy & Stone first wish to turn to the community of Newport Pagnell for comments and feedback.
A virtual consultation programme has been made available until next Friday (9/10) which includes an online exhibition and live chat session where the company will be able to answer questions about the proposal.